Have a bunch of rosemary in the yard? Make a mocktail with it!
One delicious drink recipe that uses fresh rosemary as an ingredient is a Rosemary Lemonade. Here’s how to make it:
– 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1/2 cup honey
– 1/2 cup fresh rosemary leaves
– 6 cups water
– Ice cubes
– Lemon slices, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the honey, rosemary leaves, and 2 cups of water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the honey is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
2. Strain the honey and rosemary mixture into a large pitcher, discarding the rosemary leaves.
3. Add the lemon juice and remaining 4 cups of water to the pitcher and stir to combine.
4. Serve over ice with lemon slices for garnish.
As for health benefits, rosemary is a flavorful herb that’s rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Here are some of the potential health benefits of consuming rosemary:
1. May improve digestion: Rosemary has been shown to stimulate the production of bile, which can help to improve digestion and promote healthy liver function.
2. May enhance cognitive function: Some studies suggest that rosemary may improve cognitive function and memory, possibly due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
3. May reduce inflammation: Rosemary contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help to reduce inflammation throughout the body and protect against chronic diseases.
4. May boost the immune system: Rosemary is rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect the body against oxidative stress and support a healthy immune system.
Overall, adding fresh rosemary to your diet can be a flavorful way to incorporate more antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds into your diet. And with its refreshing taste and health benefits, a Rosemary Lemonade is the perfect way to enjoy this herb in a refreshing summer beverage.